Roaches, like rodents, carry many bacteria such as E. coli and salmonella. The harmful bacteria they carry gets left behind on your cooking equipment, food surfaces, and even directly in your food. Many children are hypersensitive or allergic to cockroach allergens. Cockroach infestations only get worse the longer you leave them alone, so taking care of the problem immediately is important. We all dislike the site of creepy crawlies, especially roaches. Can you remember your reaction the last time you saw one of those big roaches flying around? Or the last time you move a pack of flour and saw 3 small roaches….
ROACHES NEED THREE (3) THINGS TO SURVIVE:
WHAT CAN YOU DO? HERE ARE A FEW TIPS
- Keep a clean garbage bin. Ensure that it has a lid.
- Take your garbage out Daily.
- Too tired to wash dishes? Remove all scrapes from the plate and rinse with water. If ward water is available, great , as this will remove more grease
- Keep furniture at least 6 inches away from the wall
- Clean all spillage, whether on the floor or in the cupboards
- Keep outside your home clear of all debris, which outdoor roaches like to live in
- Seal openings around doors and windows, as they are easy entry points for roaches
- Get your house sprayed at least twice per year.