GENERAL PEST MANAGEMENT PREPARATION FOR HOME OWNERS
CRAWLING INSECT PESTS
- Clear perimeter of rooms throughout the house.
- Remove animals (dogs, cats, hamster, etc.)
- Cover and unplug filter for fish tanks.
- Unpack cupboards
YARD SPRAY (EXTERIOR)
- No watering of plants or lawns 48 hrs before treatment exercise.
- Make all areas accessible. Manholes should be unsealed if sealed with concrete.
- All debris and discarded material should be removed to the dump.
GERMAN ROACH – TEENAGER
- Completely empty all kitchen and bathroom cupboards.
- If roaches seen in bedroom, empty chest of drawers, dresser drawers, and closet shelves.
- Pack stored items on tables, couches, etc, or in middle of floors (not against wall-floor junction). Cover completely.
- Clean cupboard shelves, counter tops, etc. before treatment.
- Clean stove tops (lift and clean undersides of top) of greasy residue..
- Shift refrigerator(s) and freezers and clean underneath and behind.
- Do not clean cupboards afterwards. You may put contents back without fear of contamination.
- Allow 2 full weeks for complete control. What we spray does not penetrate egg shells, but is a residual which will kill the young roaches after they hatch from the eggs. Generally it will take up to two weeks for the eggs to hatch and/or for the larger roaches, which are hiding in inaccessible parts of the walls to come out and get in our residual. Follow up treatment recommended 14 days after first treatment exercise
- Do not spray any area after, with store bought insect spray.
ORIENTAL (LARGE SHINY & BLACK)
- Empty lower cupboards in bathrooms and kitchen, especially under the sink.
- Clear area around washer/dryer.
- All manholes should be made accessible.
FLEAS – TICKS
- Have pets treated the same day.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas.
- Lift pillows on couches, chairs and vacuum.
- Remove vacuum bag, place in plastic bag and throw away outside.
- Pick up all loose articles (clothing, toys, magazines, etc.) off floors.
- Pull furniture 6″ from wall (not bookcases or other heavy pieces which have access to wallboards underneath).
- Wash pet bedding or replace.
- Wash bed linens (un-washable blankets, etc., may be hung over doors so that any eggs on them will roll off).
- Wait two days to vacuum, then vacuum every other day for 10 days. Throw out vacuum bag after each use.
- It will take up to two weeks for flea eggs and pupae to hatch. Please allow this amount of time for control to be achieved.
- Please put animals on a regular treatment program.
- You must force the fleas off the animal into our residual protection.
- Pull furniture 6″ from wall.
- Empty linen closets-wash contents.
- Empty closet or chest of drawers where found. Wash or dry clean contents (in financial pinch, may hang out in yard on a sunny day.)
- Check house eaves and remove all bird nests.
- Been to the mountains lately? Put pines cones etc. outside for at least two weeks.
MEAL MOTHS AND PANTRY BEETLES
- Empty pantry or cupboards where seen – stack on tables or in middle of floors. Cover with sheet etc.
- Wipe-out cupboard shelves before service.
- Check cereal foods, spices, dry foods, pet foods, bird seeds, etc.
- If larvae found, throw entire contents of that box/bag out (in plastic bag, outside garbage cans).
- For extremely valuable spices, coffees, etc., you can freeze for 3 days.
- Remove house plants from interior of the house.
WASPS RODENTS LIZARDS ANTS TERMITES MOSQUITOS ROACHES
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT